Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Going Nuts over Nutcrackers.....


This last Saturday was our Church Christmas Party. One of the Sisters in our Ward asked me to cover for her and set up the Nutcracker Room at the church. Of course I said yes because why would I turn down the opportunity to decorate? I love to decorate. Calista and I spent most of Saturday gathering things, setting up the room, and making treats for the party. This is the mixed theme table. There are sports Nutcrackers, Snowman Nutcrackers, a Mickey Mouse Nutcracker and all kinds of Nutcrackers. I love all of the football player nutcrackers at the back. They were some of my favorites.
 The King and Soldier Nutcracker themed table. I love the Kings with "Bling". I love anything that sparkles. We had a blast setting up this room.
 More Kings and Soldiers. I brought in lamp tables and lamps from the entryway/foyer to give the room a more cozy feel and also because all of the other tables at the Stake Center had been spoken for.
 Kensi had her Winter Program at school last week. They sang songs, danced, and overall put on a great show. Her favorite song was "Snowpants". When you see her at Christmas you will have to ask her to sing it solo. She won't hesitate. She loves it!
Kensi doing her cartoon character smile in front of the Winter Program set. What a cutie!

1 comment:

  1. how is it that i JUST found out you have a blog? i've missed you! and now i found you. yay.

    ReplyDelete