Friday, December 3, 2010

From the Mixed up Life of......Mrs. Mindy B. Preator

November seemed to fly by didn't it? We stayed in Texas for Thanksgiving and experienced our very first Holiday away from family. We were hosted by The Ginos Family and had a wonderful meal and great company. I baked my brains out for the first time in my life. As practice for my pie crusts I made a quiche at the first of the week (see below). It was delicious if I may say so myself and enjoyed by all.

                                        My very first Quiche Lorraine - Delish!
    These two girls are natural born readers. I think it runs in our family. They participate in a program that tests their reading level. They set goals and when they reach 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% of goal they receive dog tags. Cali has reached 100% of goal (she takes after her Dad) and Kensi is at 50% of goal for the school year so far. Great job girls! Keep hitting the books!
 This week Calista's class had a field trip to the Blanton Museum of Art downtown. I chaperoned and had a great time watching her interact with her classmates. We ate lunch next to the museum with the Capitol in the background. It was a beautiful day. The art was amazing and as a bonus they also were able to tour the Texas History Museum. I have to say their is a little bit of Texas pride brainwashing that occurs there but it is all in good fun. We had a great time!
Calista's Fourth Grade Class at the Blanton Museum. The blue tiled walls in the foyer/entrance are a piece of art. I love it! Very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment