Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pumpkin picking

Every fall we get excited about picking out our pumpkins. I think it is interesting to watch and see what the kids pick. This year we went to a pumpkin patch on Pecan Street that the Methodist Church runs. One thing I have to say about Texas is they seem to have a very wide selection of pumpkins. We love Fairytale pumpkins, and Cinderella pumpkins. I really like the white pumpkins and there seemed to be quite a few orange pumpkins with wart growths on them perfect for carving a Witch face!

See Captain Pumpkin Searcher Luke in the picture above. He took charge on this excursion. If he had his way we would have come home with 20 + pumpkins. We rented a scary baby for this photo. His eyes even glowed! Doesn't it just look spooky? :-) Poor Kensi has Bronchitis and would have preferred to be home in bed but we were out delivering dinner to a family in our Ward that just had a baby and we decided to stop for pumpkins. I didn't want to miss getting the perfect one for carving. Of course I took home all four of my silly pumpkins and the gourds they picked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment